What do you think of when you hear spring cookies? Me, it’s all about carrots. I’m not
sure why, but carrots are something I always associated with spring. That’s why I decided to go with a carrot cookie recipe for this month’s recipe for the blogging group – Fill the Cookie Jar.
These cookies are delicious and more cake like. The carrot flavor is subtle, but reminds me so much of a carrot cake…if only I would have spread a little cream cheese frosting on top. I also don’t feel bad when my kids eat them for an after school snack since they’re “somewhat” healthy. They’re made with whole wheat flour, coconut, carrots and walnuts.
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup instant oats
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened at room temperature (or 1 cup coconut oil)
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups grated carrots
1/2 cup flake coconut
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with silpat mats or parchment paper and set aside. In a medium bowl, combine the flours, oats, baking soda, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the sugars and butter. Add in the vanilla and eggs and beat until light and fluffy. Fold in the carrots, walnuts and coconut. Slowly add in the dry mixture until just combined.
Drop tablespoons of batter onto your prepared baking sheets and bake for 13 to 15 minutes. Transfer immediately to a cooling rack.
Check out all the other spring cookies made by my blogger friends!
- Blueberry/Lemon Macaroons by A Day In The Life On The Farm
- Carrot Oatmeal Cookies by Join Us Pull Up A Chair
- Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chips Cookies by Making Miracles
- Chocolate Chip Bunny Cookie Pops by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Honeybee Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Koulourakia: Greek Easter Cookies by That Recipe
- Lemon Butter Cookies by Marlys This and That
- Loaded Oreo M&M Cookie Bars by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- No Bake Bird’s Nest Cookies by Making Memories with your Kids
- Spring Garden Malted Milk Blondies by Famished Fish, Finicky Shark