I love apple pie, but have not had much time to make one lately. I found this recipe in my grocery store’s magazine and knew I had to try it especially since I had all the ingredients in my pantry. The crumb topping is delicious and the shortbread crust and apple filling makes these the handheld version of pie.
Pigs in a blanket are a favorite party food, but when you add a little “bit of everything”, you get a twist!
I whipped up a batch of these to enjoy while we watched football on Sunday. They made for a great snack and were delicious – even my son who doesn’t like hot dogs, devoured these!
These bars are the the best of both worlds – a rich fudgy brownies topped with a creamy cheesecake layer. Add in crushed Oreo cookies and chocolate chips and you have this decadent dessert.
Last week, was a bit stressful for me and I find that baking helps me relax. I’m in the crunch of the last few days before the election and see if I am voted in to represent my fellow residents as a school board director. It’s been a crazy ride, but I feel that I have a really good chance of being elected.
But back to these dessert bars … If you love chocolate, cheesecake and oreo cookies, you must give them a try! My kids thought they were amazing and they’re enjoyed all the perks of me being stressed out.
I love cauliflower, but my family doesn’t so when I buy a head of it, I usually have to find ways to enjoy it. I’ve been craving soup lately and thought I would give this one a try. It was so creamy without any heavy cream or milk.
It’s perfect soup to pair with a green salad or a hunk of crusty bread.
I am so excited to see fresh cranberries popping up in my grocery store and couldn’t wait to grab a bag to make these delicious scones! Plus, they were perfect to share during #Choctoberfest! The roasted cranberries with maple are divine and the dark chocolate chips add the perfect touch of sweetness. They are perfect with a cup of coffee on a cool, fall day.
Don’t forget to check out the #Choctoberfest giveaway post and enter today!
I decided for this year’s #Choctoberfest I would push myself out of my baking comfort zone and try recipes that I’ve had on my “to make” list. It’s been fun experiment and my family is loving all the new desserts they’ve been trying. Souffle is one of those recipes that I enjoy eating, but the thought of baking them correctly has kept me from giving them a try. I found this easy recipe and figured I would give it a try.
I was surprised that these souffles were very easy to make and turned out delicious! I shared my souffle with my kids, who were impressed that I made it. I loved the richness of the chocolate, but they were light and fluffy. The perfect treat! I can’t wait to try other versions and impress my family and friends!
One of my husband’s favorite candy is peanut butter cups and with his birthday being today, I wanted to make him a cake that reminded him of them. My cake is a little more peanut butter heavy than I had hoped, but it’s just as a delicious and by adding the chocolate drizzle, it helped amp of the chocolately (is that a word?) goodness.
The cake is moist, full of peanut butter and chocolate and perfect with a cup of coffee to start your morning … or a pick-me-up in the middle of the afternoon.
Imperial Sugar is helping me with all my #Choctoberfest baking with their generous donation of granulated sugar they sent me. It’s been giving me a lot of reasons to spend time in my kitchen.
*Disclosure: I received the product to sample from Imperial Sugar. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I’m so excited to participate again this year for #Choctoberfest and can’t wait to share all the deliciousness I’ve been baking up. If you LOVE chocolate, you’ll definitely want to come back throughout the week to see what we’ve all been making.
#Choctoberfest is an annual recipe-sharing event. I’m joining other food bloggers from around the world to create delicious chocolate recipes. This year, over 70 bloggers are joining together for a week full of chocolate cakes, pies, cookies, puddings, tarts, candies, and more. You can follow along by searching for the hashtag #Choctoberfest on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter. Or, simply follow any of the participating bloggers listed below.
We also have some awesome sponsors, who make #Choctoberfest possible every year. Our sponsors have banded together to put together a delicious prize pack worth over $400! Here’s what you get if you win! (Scroll down to enter.)
- Candy Gift Pack from blog host Triple Chocolate Kitchen, which includes 180-pack of Lindt LINDOR Chocolate Truffles (dark, milk, and white). Triple Chocolate Kitchen organizes #Choctoberfest, as well as posting chocolate recipes throughout the year.
- Chocolate and Cocoa Gift Pack from Divine Chocolate, which includes a variety of high-quality fair trade chocolate bars, cocoa powder, and Divine Chocolate swag. Divine Chocolate’s baking line consists of three premium quality flavors ranging from 55% to 100% cocoa for a wide variety of delicious desserts. Their chocolate products are made with 100% cocoa butter and are non-GMO and Vegan Society Certified.
- $100 Nordic Ware Gift Card and 40 Pounds of Granulated Sugar from Imperial Sugar. They are currently hosting their annual Scary Scramble, featuring delicious fall-inspired recipes using Imperial Sugar’s high-quality sweeteners. Imperial Sugar has been a kitchen staple for over 175 years!
- Collagen Fuel™ Drink Mix Gift Pack from Primal Kitchen. The ingredients in these drink mixes help support hair, skin, and nails. Their chocolate version has organic, fair-trade cocoa and coconut milk powders, with no wheat, soy, or dairy ingredients.
- Cracker Gift Pack from Mary’s Gone Crackers. The lucky winner will get to try a variety of crackers, many of which pair well with chocolate (check their recipe page for ideas!). Mary’s products are vegan, cruelty-free, and organic.
- Fig Spread Gift Pack from Dalmatia Spreads. With flavors like sour cherry, plum, blackberry, and orange, you’ll find that several of Dalmatia’s fig-based spreads work well in chocolate recipes. Use as a filling for crépes, serve warm over ice cream, or spread onto toast. They even have a fig cocoa spread that uses fair trade cocoa.
- Alkaline Water Pack from Perfect Hydration. Wash down all those delicious chocolate desserts with Perfect Hydration water. This 9.5+ pH alkaline water helps to effectively restore and rebalance the body to optimum pH levels. This water goes through a 9-stage filtration process, has no added sodium, chlorine, or fluoride, and is packaged in recyclable BPA-free bottles.
- Kitchen Conversions Chart and Etsy Gift Card from Moonflower Mountain. Winner chooses the colors for this flower-adorned conversion chart, which makes it easy to double any recipe or convert from cups to tablespoons.
This is a prize pack worth over $400! Open worldwide, except where prohibited. Must be 18+ to enter (21+ in some locations). One lucky winner will be drawn randomly on October 20, 2019 and contacted via email. See terms and conditions for more details. Enter the giveaway now:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Entries from spam or inactive accounts are invalid. #Choctoberfest bloggers, sponsors, and their immediate families/households are not eligible to win. This giveaway is not affiliated with or sponsored by Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Make sure you check out the participating bloggers to see #Choctoberfest recipes throughout the week:
Triple Chocolate Kitchen • 2 Cookin Mamas • A Day in the Life on the Farm • A Labour of Life • A Little Fish in the Kitchen • A Southern Fairytale • Amy’s Cooking Adventures • An Affair from the Heart • Bottom Left of the Mitten • Broken Teepee • Bunsen Burner Bakery • Champagne and Coconuts • Cindy’s Recipes and Writings • Cook with Renu • Cook’s Hideout • Cookaholic Wife • Crafty Cooking Mama • Daily Dish Recipes • Dixie Chik Cooks • Everyday Eileen • Fairyburger • Family Breakfast Recipes • First Timer Cook • Fix Me a Little Lunch • Frugal & Fit • Fun Happy Home • Get the Good Stuff! • Glenda Embree • Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks • How Was Your Day? • I Can Cook That • Join Us, Pull up a Chair • Karen’s Kitchen Stories • Kate’s Recipe Box • Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats • Life & Medicine Blog • Life on Food • Long Distance Baking • Lynchburg Mama • Makes, Bakes and Decor • Making Miracles • Mama Needs Cake • Memories In The Kitchen • Our Good Life • Our Sutton Place • Palatable Pastime • Queenslee Appétit • Reviewz & Newz • Sarah Cooks the Books • Sarah’s Bake Studio • Seduction In The Kitchen • Shockingly Delicious • Simple Family Crazy Life • Simply Inspired Meals • Sneha’s Recipe • Style Island • Sumptuous Spoonfuls • Sweet Coralice • Sweet Dash of Sass • Take Two Tapas • That Recipe • The Awesome Muse • The Beard and The Baker • The Delicious Spoon • The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine • The Freshman Cook • The Redhead Baker • The Schizo Chef • The Spiffy Cookie • The Urben Life • Trampling Rose • Turnips 2 Tangerines • Who Needs A Cape? • Wildflour’s Cottage Kitchen • Zesty South Indian Kitchen
This savory tart is packed full of “everything” bagel seasoning, with creamy goat cheese and vine-ripened tomatoes. I was looking for something to make using the last few local tomatoes.
I wanted to make a quiche, but my family complains every time I make one – not sure why since it’s a pie made with eggs, cheese and veggies. I decide I would give this recipe a try and see how it goes. It was delicious and I love all the flavor from the everything bagel seasoning. I paired it with a green salad and enjoyed it for lunch. Quick note – I used premade bistro pizza dough as I had it on hand, but you could easily substitute for a homemade pizza dough or pie crust.
It’s finally feeling like fall here in Southeastern PA and I’m so ready to go apple picking, carve pumpkins and wrap myself if fuzzy blankets. I had a couple apples that I needed to use and an entire jug of maple syrup waiting for me, so I whipped up a batch of these delicious treats.
The blondies are so good. They are packed full of maple flavor and are sprinkled with bits of fresh apples.